Saturday, November 14, 2009

Some finds!

I know, I know, I have been remiss. It's been really busy around here. And, it was a gorgeous fall. I hope everyone had time to take some foliage pictures.

On October 23 I attended the big PDN Photo Plus Expo in NYC. I didn't attend any classes, but I attended the show at which a boatload of manufacturers, service providers, etc. were exhibiting. I learned about lots of awesome products and services. One of which I am going to tell you about today.

Nations Photo Lab ( http://www.nationsphotolab.com/ ) was at the show and provided cards with a $25.00 free code to try them out. All I can say is "WOW"! And, truth be told, I was skeptical at first. After all, photo developing/printing is all the same, isn't it?

No, absolutely not! This place was amazing. First of all, the speed. I ordered last Sunday night (November 8, 2009), and my order (11 8x10 prints on metallic paper, and two magnets on metallic paper) was in my hands Tuesday morning! Shipping was only $7.00 FedEx (and, if I remember correctly, shipping is free when you order over $50.00). And the photos and magnets were well packed so that no photos would bend in shipping.

More importantly, my photos were AMAZING! I have never seen photos "pop" quite like they did. The metallic paper is so interesting. According to their website, the metallic paper has
  • "High gloss finish with tear resistant laminate layers
  • 3-Dimensional/metallic appearance
  • Ideal for outdoor images, black/white, and portraits
  • Has been described as "chrome on paper"
  • State-of-the-art image stability"
You really have to see it to believe it. And the pricing is more than competitive for the quality of the product. Each 8x10 was $2.00 for the metallic paper (Kodak Endura paper). Compare that to $2.99 at a major (unnamed) online photo service. I can NEVER go back to drug store or online photo finishers again.

Nations Photo Lab rates A++++++ in my book. I will definitely be using them again (and again, and again)

In the matter of full disclosure, I, like everyone else attending the photo expo on NYC, received a $25.00 credit to try out Nations Photo Lab (NPL). NPL neither asked me to, nor is aware, that I am writing a review on my blog. I chose to do this because NPL just impressed me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment