Monday, May 21, 2012

What a beautiful weekend for beautiful pictures!

It's been a while, I know.  Life catches up on you sometimes, you know?  I actually dusted off my two Sony cameras (the alpha DSLR and the DSC-H20) and took lots of pictures with both.  Things are really blooming around here.

I also learned a wonderful trick.  You see, we have well water, so I have not allowed my hubby to use pesticides or herbicides on out lawn.  Well, after years of that, dandelions and lamb's ear (?) have taken over a good portion of our lawn (if we can still call it a lawn).  Earlier last week I heard that you could kill weeds by taking white vinegar + spray bottle + sunshine, and when sprayed directly on weeds, dead weeds!  Well, I had to try it.  Well, guess what?  It works (don't do a mass spraying, just directly on weeds themselves as it will kill other plants.).  And, it provides almost instant gratification.  Take a look at these once live dandelions a few hours after spraying:

The grass was already sunburned in this area - so the vinegar did not hurt the grass - it was already in that condition.  I am just so happy to have a natural way to kill the weeds in my yard.  And my husband is thrilled to see way fewer dandelion seeds blowing in the wind.

I also managed to catch a few pictures or a beautiful hawk that appears to have made a nest in my yard somewhere - in a few days you may be able to catch a few pictures of it o my zazzle site.

So, what did you take pictures of this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment