Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks!


















Last night I thought I would run the Sony DSC-H20 through its paces for fireworks! I am uploading my pictures as I type. It was interesting to be able to take photos or movies of the fireworks (I did both).
The DSC-H20 has a fireworks setting (select scene on the dial, and then on the view screen, and then numerous choises show up on the screen - select fireworks).

I will say, that while taking the movies of the fireworks, I thought from the view screen, that the fireworks were not as crisp as I would have liked, but we will have to view the moview to see for sure. Also, the shutter speed/exposure time for the fireworks setting was very long. It was a bit disappointing in that the screen showed "capturing" and then "processing, probably for close to 20 seconds each time I took a photo. That's quite a lag when one would like to take fireworks in rapid succession. Although I was set up as a "human tripod" (sitting on a cement stoop, elbows tight to body and on my knees, given the exposure time, and, despite the super steady shot, it became apparent, that, in order to take excellent fireworks photos with this camera, it would be necessary to use a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment