Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wedding photos

Remember I told you that a while back I won a Sony DSC-W22012.1MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom with Super Steady Shot Image Stabilization in silver?  Well, after playing around with it, we took it to a family wedding a few weeks ago. As promised, though, I gave it to my hubby to use.  I gave him a short, 10 minute primer on how to use it just before the wedding and he took some really nice shots.  

Instead of bringing my Sony alpha (DSLR) with me as it was going to be very hot and I am still recovering from back surgery, I brought my Sony DSC-H20 with me, and, in addition to taking pictures, I video-ed the entire 14 minute wedding ceremony.  Now, I managed to do this from the front row seat and without a tripod.  The Super Steady Shot Image Stabilization worked great - without a tripod, the image was nice and steady, and even when I panned around to get the dog walking down the aisle (unexpectedly, of course) and then sitting on my feet, everything was super steady.


Don't get me wrong - I still LOVE my Sony alpha.  It's just that after surgery, these two cameras were the perfect cameras to have with us to take pictures given the conditions of our backs (did I happen to mention hubby's back went out the day before the wedding?  No surgery required, but poor guy couldn't move that day!  So the nice, light DSC-W220 really came in handy, and was his first real use of a digital camera - yes, hubby rarely used digital and was still in the *gasp* film age!  Not that there is anything wrong with that, as I still sometimes use my Minolta SLR.).



No comments:

Post a Comment